The library has over 25000 books out of which about 7000 are text books. It subscribes to 54 magazines and journals and 12 newspapers. About 700 to 1000 books are added annually.
It remains open from 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM on all days except holidays. The reading room is air conditioned
Some of the important features of the library service include the following:
- Easy Access to Books through OPAC: This software based book search is intended to make it easy for students to locate the books that they need.
- N list Accessibility in the Library: The library is also provided with computers with Internet connectivity through which students can access over 97,000 E-books and 6,000 E-journals available from N-List operated by UGC-INFONET Digital Library Consortium.
- Access to Delhi University Library System: Students can also connect to the DU Library System through its web based OPAC system.
- Increase in Borrower Cards: Borrower cards for the students of the regular undergraduate programme has been increased to 3. Honours course students are now given 4 cards.
- Publication of Latest Additions: The list of new books and journals acquired by the library is published on a monthly basis through the college website.
- Uninterrupted Power: The library has been provided with UPS back up to cope with power outages.
- Suggestion Box: The Library Committee of the college has placed a special suggestion box for receiving feedback and suggestions from the students.
Library offers the following special services to the differently abled students:
- Audio CDs and Braille Books for visually challenged: Staffs locate books journals and periodicals for visually and physical challenged persons on their behalf.
- Reference Service: Reference services all time irrespective of timings.
- Special laptops with better configuration and features given to visually/ physically challenged persons.
- Insurance Fee Waiver: Insurance fee for laptops waived off for physically challenged students
- Braille Library Membership: Visually challenged students are provided with the Braille library membership form from the library to enable them to take membership of the Braille library and access to the Braille resources free of cost.
Students are advised to refer to the ‘Library Usage Guideline’ as well as the ‘Guidelines on Maintaining Academic Integrity’ for making the best use of the library facility of the college.